[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

Skip to content

Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Bowswap ILF Buildalong - 4 4Nolz

Postby Kirkll » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:21 pm

http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby MOUNTER » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Wow! Thanks Mike!!! Do they come with instuctions?? :lol:
MOUNTER

Postby BK in TEXAS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:59 am

Ok...now that I have the limbs on straight the rest of the work is more or less making this thing pretty.

On a side note...if you limb has a little twist to it but the limbs appear to be straight, check the rocker thickness from one side to the other....it just might be off a few hundreth's :?

I'm using 3/8" black phenolic for the thingy that kind of blends in the limb butts with the riser. How's that for a sentence. Cut the pieces 1 1/4" long and wide enough to cover your riser.

Add a little Impact Tough Gorrilla Glue (or smooth-on)

Press that sucker on there & wipe up the excess on the insert side.

Ready to grind the contour of the riser back. I'll get to that tonight.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby jwillis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

jwillis

Postby Crooked Stic » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Bobby I been using your method on the second string groove for awhile now and it works great. I have two files the same size for that.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby BK in TEXAS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Actually Mike I think I got that ideer from you a while back :D

BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:03 am

So here's the picture I was greeted with last night walking out to the shop after a good storm....

Grind the back profile flat in preparation for glass backing. Get this where you want it because once the glass is on there it doesn't change. At this point I usually draw the whole riser on the block.

Glass backing clamped down with smooth on. The dowels under the clamps help get in the curved part of the riser back.

BK in TEXAS

Postby 4nolz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:14 am

DOWELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didnt I think of that? I love this place.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby jwillis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks for showing how and when you applied the blocks on the mounting pads. Those should look really good with the riser back overlays glued on. That's going to look really professional. :D Jim
jwillis

Postby 4nolz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:32 pm

BK-I have a question-I finally right clicked and printed these pics (what a great buildalong) for reference to keep in my shop.?How do you know how much limb butt to trim off with the ILF wedges/rocker?
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs