[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

Skip to content

Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Bowswap ILF Buildalong - 4 4Nolz

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:23 am

Well, i'm no take down expert,, i've built all of "2" :o
But the 2 i built was for a 21degree pad, so's i be thinking my form ain't gonna work.

What Ya'll think
Everything is simple, people make it complicated
Ben

Postby jwillis » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:56 am

jwillis

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 am

BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 am

Ok...so I got the first set of limbbs on a riser finally.....looking like 50@28 before rounding stuff off and sanding....perfect for me...little light for Mike....guess the first set is mine ;)

Soooo.....I double checked the stack of the second set of limbs and decided to take off .003. I figured that would be about 2-3lbs. Glue-up same as the first set...blah blah blah, no pictures, look back a few pages for the first set...same thing thicker stack.

Second set out of the oven. I decided to try a little different way of aligning the limbs on this set.....using tiller blocks. Seemed to work just fine. I simply kept adjusting the block until the limbs laid flat. I drew the limbs back a few inches now and again to see what the tips were doing along the way. I'd say it took about a half hour, but I did like this method.

Once the blocks were set where I wanted them, I marked where the string laid on the belly and marked around the block itself (see pictures)

BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 am

Next I marked the centerline on the back and laid my template on the limb, traced it, and roughed it out same as the first set. Flip back a few pages if ya wanna see pics.

Apex has a great tip-along in the "Frequently Asked Questions & Damn Good Information" subforum here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10446

So, while I won't go into too much detail about mine, here is how I do it....
I start by making a dot on the limb face where I want the nocks to be. I grab a chainsaw file and eyeball the cut in one side so the top of the cut is inline with the dot. My cut is more or less 45˚ to the limb. There is no need for me to make a 90˚ cut since the string angle will not even come close to that even at full draw. Heck at 28" it's still less than 45˚

For the second cut I put a straight piece of whatever is handy in the string groove and clamp it to the table. I used an allen wrench in this case. Then I just take my chainsaw file and start cutting, making sure it's inline with the straight round thing ;) Do this enough and it'll come out pretty darn close to perfect.

BK in TEXAS

Postby MOUNTER » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:23 am

Lookin good! I've been wanting to try some tiller blocks. Did you buy or make your own??
MOUNTER

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:28 am

Slip on a string and go see what we have!

I bottomed out the ILF bolts then backed them out 1 1/2 turns.

Braced

Full draw...... At 28" we have......60lbs :D sweet. After finishing her up she should sit right around 57lbs. I think you can back her out another couple turns too if you want it a bit lighter.

BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 am

BK in TEXAS

Postby 4nolz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm

MOUNTER-I will send you a set-on the way tommorrow.

I LOVE the idea of putting something in the first groove-simple as that man I have been doing it the hard way!!!!
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs