[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

Skip to content

Bowswap ILF Build-along - All Done!

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Bowswap ILF Buildalong - 4 4Nolz

Postby Longbow » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Bobby, your doing a great build along. Can't wait to see that riser finished
Longbow

Postby JGray » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:12 am

Damn, this is killing me - wish I could see the pictures! Company computers block anything Photobucket or Youtube :(
JGray

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 am

Out of the oven

Damn...not the greatest glue line. Oh well, should still be fine.

Mike....my taper jig does open to 15˚ :) Worked like a charm cutting the pads.

Both risers. Notice I wrote flat on one side of each riser.

I still want to make sure the pads are flat and square.
I grind them to the line on the disc sander keeping the same side (the flat side) of the riser on the table.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 am

Close enough.....I only need the first 4" to be flat. Everything else gets blended into the backing anyway.

Double checking pad angles....looks good. :)

BK in TEXAS

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:31 am

Now I need to line each pad with some phenolic so I'm gonna rip off a 1 5/8" strip.
1 5/8" because even after cleaning up and squaring the risers, they are still 1 5/8" thick. At some point I'm going to have to take off another 1/8" or so. Cross that bridge when we get there I suppose.

Grind off the glossy release agent.......and walla! One for each pad.

If you're not too anal retentive you can have smooth-on for overlays mixed in about 2 minutes......
A spoonful of each, just eyeball it.
Scrape off spoons (looks like an egg :? )
Drill mix for 45 seconds.....done!
This is about twice as much as needed for the 4 pads by the way. I had a couple other "things" that needed gluing as well.

BK in TEXAS

Postby Crooked Stic » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 am

Bobby where did you get that protractor thingy? This riser stuff is what I want to see. Eyeballing glue------do it to ond overlays etc.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby wantoknow » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 am

I learn more on this site on bow building than any other place online, thanks for sharing and great work.
Want To Know
wantoknow

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 am

BK in TEXAS

Postby Crooked Stic » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Dont we all know anything that has to do with medical is way to pricey.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Phenolic pads glued on and squared up on the disc sander same as when I cut the pads.

Square. This is pretty important as you'll see in the next step.

BK in TEXAS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs