Skip to content

light limbs..... maybe not!

Scores will be posted here on a weekly basis. The '09 league will be held for 5 weeks and the first set of scores are due on the 25th of January.

Forum rules
    This is a 20 yard 300 round using NFAA blue face targets.

Re: light limbs..... maybe not!

Postby PAarcher » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:53 am

Mike, don't worry. We know who you are and what you are capable of. I know you can walk the walk. :D

Right now I'd be happy to average in the 250s. Consistancy has always been an issue for me. I need to buckle down and do the bale.
PAarcher

Postby gitnbetr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks, Leo, I appreciate what you said. I hope I didn't sound like I was mad; I was not. I may just be getting a little thin-skinned in my old age and wanted to assure Nolz and those he talks to that such things can be done.
Now you've got me embarrassed. I didn't know anyone had ever noticed my scores!
gitnbetr

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 pm

gitnbetr wrote: I didn't know anyone had ever noticed my scores!

noticed????? i about fell over when you sent your first score to me..... that is some of the best shooting i have ever seen!!! i'd give my right "you know what" to shoot like that!!!! though i don't know that i will ever even shoot in the 280s, all this work in the last 10 months or so is ensuring that i too am "gitnbetr"....... you should change your handle to "oneofthebest." :D
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby southpawshooter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I've tried the light bow thing in the past, and found that if you don't work the muscles on your hunting weight often you will lose strength quickly. And, it takes a whole lot more time to get those muscles back than it took to lose them.
>>>-----> Scott Frost
southpawshooter

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:17 pm

i am a frick'n idiot!!!!

i decided to shoot a few after lunch with the heavier limbs...... i picked up my bow and nocked an arrow..... at that point i noticed my notes on the lower limb that gives the brace and tiller that i have the bow set up for....... it dawned on me right there that i had not adjusted the tiller on these limbs when i changed them out yesterday.... turns out, i was running 3/16" negative tiller and had the back out the upper limb 1.5 turns from the light set (which i also have written on my limb). i just started laughing and made the correct changes.

i then also grabbed my 65lb hybrid that i use for strengh work and shot 5, 2 arrow groups with it at 20 yards.... then picked up my titan and shot 10, 3 arrow groups with it...... problem solved...... note to self, i am a retard.

here is the last group with the hybrid and the first group with the titan.

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Gino...
I used to pull an 80 pound compound like nothing, shoot 150- 200 arrows in one sitting... When I dumped that thing and started shooting a 54# LB everything was cool... then... a while later I grabbed that compound and it was ALL I could do to break that SOB over! Wow... Well then...I biult this little bow that drew 46# and really liked it. SHot it all the time... when I grabbed my old 54#er...DANG... I had a hard time keeping a steady bow arm!

Right now...I am BOW WEAK... and its disgusting. I've got a set of low 60's carbons I'm gonna slap on my new riser and I'm gonna start shooting the crap out of it... BUT... I'm also going to shoot 45 and maybe less if I can get a good set of limbs going for myself. So... my recommendation would be to SHOOT THEM BOTH! THats what Im going to do...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:17 pm

"note to self, i am a retard."

;)
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby 4nolz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

lol I have never even read the thread....just feeling onery and looking for guilt ridden people to smoke out .In fact I never even noticed there is a subforum. :mrgreen:
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby BullMtnArchery » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 pm

By the look of the grouping you did get it figured out. Guess it was you forgot to factor in the "DUHHHHH" when you changed the limbs out.

I have generally always shot hunting weiht bows all year. Just the last couple years have I dropped to 50# - 54# bows when I am not hunting. I do atleast shoot the heavier bow once a week for atleast 3 or 4 dozen arrows at the bag.

Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to ***Pirate Winter Shooting League***