Skip to content

I'm not kidding, i can't miss!!! (video)

Scores will be posted here on a weekly basis. The '09 league will be held for 5 weeks and the first set of scores are due on the 25th of January.

Forum rules
    This is a 20 yard 300 round using NFAA blue face targets.

I'm not kidding, i can't miss!!! (video)

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:30 pm

just didn't want you guys to think i am blowing smoke if i turn in a big score on my next 300 round with these light limbs..... here are 3 consecutive groups...... by this point this evening, i have probably shot 400+ arrows. out of about 75+ consecutive arrows at 20 yards, two of the three groups had an arrow pulled outside of the 2 3/4" circle... since i was shooting like this, i had to get the camera and take some video..... if nothing else, just to prove to myself when i wake up in the morning that this was not a dream :oops: .. this was the first two of the 75+ in this session that ever went outside the yellow...... now to be fair, i did range the shot after i took the video and it was flickering between 18.5 and 19 yards so it is not truely indicative of what my 300 scores will be...... regardless, i am stoked!!!!

i zoomed the little camera in as far as it would go so you could see that i wasn't secretly picking up a compound or something LOL!

here is the last group i shot from the same place in the video

here is the furthest group i shot today..... it is 27 yards and it was shot from on top of a snow bank.... it is the furthest spot from the front yard where i can still clear the table and hit the target on the kitchen counter... this was the only group i shot from this distance.

all i know is, i should have bought some "girly" limbs a long time ago...... i am having too much fun! and after probably 400+ arrows today, my tennis elbow isn't bothering me at all!!!! i have been having so much fun, you can see (on the table) that i haven't even taken the time to throw the box away that the limbs came in. girly limbs kick a$$!!!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: I'm not kidding, i can't miss!!! (video)

Postby Hatchet Jack » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Nice shooting Gino.
You need to put someting on the kitchen table to shoot thru to make it a little more challenging though. :D

I always enjoy shooting my old 35# Pearson for form and relaxation.
Hatchet Jack

Postby rwsbow » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:42 pm

That is some AWESOME shooting, Gino!!!
I would suspect that next week's score will be slightly higher????? :o

(It's nice when the joints don't hurt after that many arrows of pure FUN, ain't it!! :D )
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 pm

thanks guys!!! you can see that even though the gpp is about the same as my hunting set up, the calibration at 20 yards is about 2" higher...... my pea-brain is having issues getting used to that and i keep shooting a touch high. i think it may partly be do to the fact that i am shooting 4" feathers instead of the 5" that are on my hunting arrows...... not sure that 1" less feathers would have that much effect at 20 but who knows?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby rwsbow » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 pm

It will make a difference, Gino...

Am glad to see ya smokin' them in for as hard as you been working on your shooting...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Hatchet Jack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:03 am

Not sure how to figure drag coefficient but and inch less feather will make a differance. Even helical flethced a 4 inch will cause less drag down range.
Hatchet Jack

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:24 am

i knew it would make a difference, but i just was figuring it would take some more distance before i would notice much.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hatchet Jack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 am

When I shot a compound I did some tesing of down range shooting thru the chrongraph at 20 yards the differance between 3 and 4 inch vanes can be as much as 7 to 8 fps. I'm not good enough to try it with my stickbow ( don't want to shoot my chrono) :D
Hatchet Jack

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:41 am

that is pretty significant!...... more than i would have guessed.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hatchet Jack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:46 am

Sorry Gino, I should have elaborated a little more because that was with a wheel bow and not a cam bow so there could be a differance. The test I made could not be as conclusive as today as the vanes back then were slightly heavier than todays materials. I never though about trying feathers back then because I was milking speed out of what I had.

I think I read somewhere where there is about a estimated 13 inch drop with a 20 yard shot. But I'm sure that figure was squewed.
Hatchet Jack

Next

Return to Board index

Return to ***Pirate Winter Shooting League***