Skip to content

new limbs coming!!!!

Scores will be posted here on a weekly basis. The '09 league will be held for 5 weeks and the first set of scores are due on the 25th of January.

Forum rules
    This is a 20 yard 300 round using NFAA blue face targets.

new limbs coming!!!!

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:16 am

i finally got around to ordering some new ILFs in a nice light target weight.... they should be around the 42lb mark at 28". it will be a nice change shooting this league without my hunting weight limbs. should help my scores out too. i'll miss the first round with the light limbs which will be fine since i will have to get some arrows set up for it as well. just went with the GT entradas..... the set-up should be the same gr/lb as my hunting set up so my calibrations should be pretty close.

i ended up going with the hoyt 300s in longs..... i'll give a report on them when i get a chance to test them.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: new limbs coming!!!!

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 am

You don't need any help with your scores man. Cool though!
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 am

:D I LOVE shooting light limbs for target...
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby PAarcher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:50 am

Entradas should work for my setup. Maybe I'll order up a set. I have that Provantage ILF riser set up with a set of Sebastian Flute carbon/foams and it is a sweet shooting bow. It's not a speed demon at my draw length but man is it stable.
I have to shoot the first round with my hunting setup as well but I'd really like to use that Provantage for indoor leagues.
I think I'll stick with my hunting rig for 3D though.
PAarcher

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:53 pm

you guys are in big trouble :P (with the exception of yohon and gitnbetter) ........ i just finished tuning with the new light limbs and GT entradas...... i took a few practice shots just to make sure that my calibrations are close to my hunting set up since the gpp is the same on this bow as it is with the hunting set-up.... it is fairly close being about a 2" smaller gap (at 20 yards) than with the 54lb extremes...... so i shot 4, 5 arrow groups at 20 yards and ended up busting 3 nocks :D ............ i am stoked to shoot my next 300!!!!

the beauty part is, 42lbs feels SOOOOOOOOOOOO light compared to my hunting rig. i can hold anchor with it all day.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby rwsbow » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Gino,

Welcome to the world of "girlie bows"... ;) :P
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm

:D
Gino Bruno

Postby oscar » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Gino, girly weight, who'da thunk it? Good shooting.
There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
oscar

Return to Board index

Return to ***Pirate Winter Shooting League***