Skip to content

'09 shoot and format....... who is in?

Scores will be posted here on a weekly basis. The '09 league will be held for 5 weeks and the first set of scores are due on the 25th of January.

Forum rules
    This is a 20 yard 300 round using NFAA blue face targets.

'09 shoot and format....... who is in?

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:03 pm

leo PM'd me about the winter shoot and i told him i'd get the ball rolling.

format will be just like last year but for those of you that were not here, this is how it works. the shoot will be done on an NFAA 40cm blue face target..... you can get them at lancasters or 3 rivers..... this is the one you need if you don't have them..... http://www.lancasterarchery.com/product ... 89ae32ec00 ........ most local pro shops will have them as well.

distance is shot at 20 yards. arrows are shot with 12 ends (groups) and 5 arrows/ end. the score and the # of "Xs" are recorded.

you can shoot and send me your scores any day of the week, but scores are to be PM'd to me no later than sunday of each week. just make sure to include what your score is with the # of "Xs" included.

as far as the start date goes, i was thinking of the 25th of this month as being the deadline to turn in the first batch of scores.... i know that is a few weeks out but i figured that some of the guys may need to get targets..... if you want to start this week lets just take a vote on it....... we can do whatever you guys want.

make sure to PM me to let me know if you are in. also let me know the category you want to shoot in, the bow and weight you are shooting as well as the arrow combo
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: '09 shoot and format....... who is in?

Postby dkard » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm in,

will try barebow and sights

dave
dkard

Postby stiknstring » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Hmmmmm....better get me some arrows together. I would like to so right now I am a tentative yes. I will be shooting one of my wood bows...probably start with my hickory bow and might try the boo backed ipe I have.
stiknstring

Postby Hornseeker » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Nathan, we should me up at superior once a week and shoot...Leo would probably meet us there too...
I'm in.
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Me too.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby rwsbow » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm

I'd like to be in....sights/stab....
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby KCummings » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm in.

Titan with Carbon Masters longbow limbs / 45@28" / Carbon Express Terminator select 45/60 / off the shelf

KPC
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby PAarcher » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm in. I'll let you know what I'm shooting later.
PAarcher

Postby cst » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:42 pm

What Mike said. I guess I need to pm to make it official.
cst

Return to Board index

Return to ***Pirate Winter Shooting League***