Skip to content

Need some .080 lams pref. Action-boo shipped ASAP Help!

This is your own personal Pirate yard-sale.

Need some .080 lams pref. Action-boo shipped ASAP Help!

Postby kiltedcelt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:03 pm

I have a Hill-style bow I'm trying to build this coming weekend (got a four day weekend - 2/14 through 2/17), and the lams and glass I got from a local guy are NOT going to be a thick enough stack to meet my draw weight. I figure with the glass I have and the lams I need two sets of something .080 to bump the stack up enough to hit my weight goal. The lams are all under brown glass so it doesn't have to be showy. The other lams were osage and hickory so I figured action-boo might help up the performance a little bit. 3Rivers is completely out of stock of almost everything, and Bingham's wouldn't ship probably until next week according to who I spoke with there. At this point I'm looking for ANYONE who'd have lams in stock and could ship by say USPS Priority so that I *might* arrive by this Saturday. Incidentally, I'm located in Chicago. If anyone has suggestions on vendors I could contact, let me know. Thanks.
kiltedcelt

Re: Need some .080 lams pref. Action-boo shipped ASAP Help!

Postby Robertfishes » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:38 pm

you could try Big Jims bow company or Troy Breeding at http://www.woodgallery295.com
Robertfishes

Re: Need some .080 lams pref. Action-boo shipped ASAP Help!

Postby kiltedcelt » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 am

It's all good. Turns out I didn't need them after all. I talked with Troy and later another guy named John Sweka, over on Tradgang and it turns out I have the correct stack height for the 68" Hill-style bow I'm trying to build. It might end up slightly short of the 55# I'm going for, but we'll see. Turns out I'd only have needed the extra lams if I was going to go super narrow with the profile - like 1" overall width. What I've already got should be fine for 1 1/4" or 1 1/8".
kiltedcelt

Return to Board index

Return to BUY/SELL/TRADE