Skip to content

Snowpocalypse ??

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Snowpocalypse ??

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 am

Maryland is welcoming me back from Bear Bay by way of a blizzard and of course I have to work. Calling for 18-24 here and 50-60 mph winds , we are under a state of emergency already. I'm not even going to try and drive in the Humvee can come get me and hopefully take me home tomorrow morning. Ran a bunch of jerky and made a pork butt, got plenty of milk, bread and meat. Gotta run the generator and refresh the oldest and the wife on how to use it and the camp stove. Batteries and flashlights are out and the propane tank is full so they can run the fireplace. I have to deal with all the idiots that have become dependent on the government to do everything for them. Hope to make it home between shifts but it might be sometime Sunday. If it's hitting you where you live hunker down and be safe.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Re: Snowpocalypse ??

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:25 am

We are supposed to get 17"-24" today and maybe another 12" tomorrow. I stocked up on cases of Mt. Dew, plenty of firewood and food and I am in the middle to running a couple thousand rounds of .45 A.C.P. through the reloading presses. I guess I am ready to be snowed in.

For decades I had to plan around events like this. When and how to get to work and making sure I had vehicles and coverage for the shifts. Wasn't uncommon to go in early for my twelve hour shift to get my guys all situated and then leave.... a day or two later. Very nice to be able to sleep in this morning, enjoy a cup of coffee and enjoy seeing the snow fall. Retirement does not suck....
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:15 am

I'm jealous, send some snow my way! We have had, maybe, 8" total for the whole season and theres nothing but the little piles at the end of driveways left currently. I really love winter time and snow and this year blows. Plus we're just now accumulating enough ice for ice fishing and it's supposed to be above freezing a few days here soon. :evil:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Yohon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 pm

Id love to hear some of the storys you'll have after this weekend Tim!!!!! TJ...we are getting this snow and it supposed to be 45 on Tuesday....we'll be boating to and from by then LOL
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby lostaro » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Nice day off with the family...1st time they have ever closed my office BEFORE a storm :shock:

Usually they have us come in to work and sit around until it gets really bad...then send us home. No problem risking our own vehicles but dare not take a county truck out in it :roll:

Several new members in the upper levels....maybe common sense has come to local government??? :?

So far so good....

You guys that have to be out in it serving the "dumb-masses" BE CAREFUL...my hat is off to you ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Don't suppose this is the time to mention that tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 50's ad Sunday in the high 60's.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby lostaro » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Yeah yeah.....you deep South guys remember to re-apply the sunscreen :D
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:47 pm

I just came in from getting some more firewood in. We have 12-14" on the ground right now and are expecting another 18-20" before it stops tomorrow afternoon around 3:00. The storm pattern is in a circling pattern pretty much over top of us right now.

Not much to do about it so I think i'll sit back, watch "Band of Brothers" on the d.v.d and sip on a bourbon for a while.

From the national weather service.....

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/277976/ ... mpaign=ref
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:47 am

Yohon wrote:TJ...we are getting this snow and it supposed to be 45 on Tuesday....we'll be boating to and from by then LOL

Yeppp, between 37 and 45 for the next week here.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 am

Jonas 1.png
Jonas 1.png (533.62 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

Well, we have about 20+ inches here at the house now, and it is supposed to keep snowing for another 8-10 hours. The snow itself is an issue but the winds are a pain... 10-30 m.p.h. with gusts over 40. It has pretty much cleaned the roof tops of snow but piled it up everywhere. Yeah, there is a full grown pic nic table sitting there in the photo.

T.J., you can have all of this that you want.
Stykshooter

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum