Skip to content

Tough to kill a mouintain man

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Tough to kill a mouintain man

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:38 pm

I just got in from seeing "The revenant". Man! Those mountain men take a lot of killing!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Tough to kill a mouintain man

Postby bearauto11 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Was it good? I want to see that one!
bearauto11

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Yeah, it was worth the cost of a ticket. VERY violent. Cutting a guy's fingers off with a hatchet or chopping their nuts off with a knife type of stuff. One cool scene... after the bear almost decapitates him he is trying to drink some water from the river and cant get any down, as the water is running out the wounds in his throat! :o

Just watching that 5-10 minutes of the grizzly attack is worth the price of admission. Incredibly realistic. But I thought the movie dragged some. Too many shots of tree tops and remembering his past. The movie is 2 hours and 35 minutes long and would have probably made an outstanding 2 hour movie.

Still, it is pretty much a must see guy flick.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby 4nolz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:20 am

It's a loose remake of "Man in the Wilderness" with Richard Harris from the 70's I think directed by John Huston based on a true story.Can't wait to see it.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby MOUNTER » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:02 am

I remember that one Nolz... My boy wants to see this movie bad... First I've got to convince his momma.

For now I'm re-reading the book, The Saga of Hugh Glass, Pirate, Pawnee and Mountain Man. Pretty interesting read, Hugh started as a boat Captain until he was captured by Jean Lafitte ,near New Orleans and forced to become a Pirate, and the story goes from there...
MOUNTER

Postby 4nolz » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Just got home.Went wanting to love it.It wasn't that good to me.Maybe someone other than DiCaprio could have pulled it off.Long movie,meh.Sorry.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:40 am

Like I said above... I thought it dragged some.... a lot. too much time spent with him flashing back or staring at tree tops. Would have been a great 2 hour movie.
Stykshooter

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum