Skip to content

Throw LAS a little business

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Re: Throw LAS a little business

Postby whump » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 am

Whump sez: you would think people would know better by now that the gun issue in America is a no win situation . I guess not though.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm

FD - saw the video you posted - it was good, if a slightly charitable depiction of what a shotgun can do. Take that same shotgun, move up to about 7 to 10 yard - which gets you to the maximum range within a pretty good sized house - load it with #4 birdshot (Brother Randy's recommended home defense load) and shoot those same targets. If I had to pick a combat weapon for any and all purposes out to 300 meters, I'd go with an AK -47 - no legos to fall off and if gets dirty you can wash it in a puddle, pour some motor oil on the moving parts and you're good to go - but for Diane Feinstein's dreaded close combat, give me a 12 gauge 870 any time.

I absolutely agree with your "tone it down" advice. That stupid Bushmaster "man card" ad for example, did no good for anyone - hell the election sold more Bushmasters than that ever did. Part of the problem, of course, is that both sides are seen most often on TV in the person of that side's lunatic fringe. The facts don't matter - what seems to matter is who can yell loudest and most stupidly. That of course means that only the choir will listen to the sermon.

We do, however, need to remind our legislators, sorry lot that they may be, that we vote and we have fully functional memories - even after Baltimore.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 am

I see the Tommy gun made the list of banned weapons. You know, lot's of Tommy guns being used in school shootings and gang violence. I've been around guns my whole life and I think I've seen 2. One was a semiauto reproduction and the other was a part of a military display at the gun show in Green Bay in the mid 1990's. Better ban the Vickers machine gun while we're at it. :lol: Fucking nit-wits.

The Uzi made the list too. Has anyone even seen an Uzi sine the Regan administration? :lol:

http://rense.com/general85/obs.htm

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.
Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General."
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Feral Donkey wrote:. I don't think we should do any legislation at all, but it would be for the benefiet of the sport and to all gun owners to curb the G.I. Joe shit that's in vogue right now. It makes us all look bad to the square, city people, who are uninformed, and it stimulates the pussy retards to commit these pussy acts. We need to work on informing the uninformed without scaring them away with G.I. shit-heel fashion. That turns them off and turns them against all of us across the board.

FD , take it form an Aussie that has been on the arse end of what you guys are facing ...
Voting counts, numbers count , phone calls count ... much like you lads did with the cancelling of the sportmans show .....

The worst thing we [ as a collective of shooters ] did was re iterate to a non gun owing public and govt that we were nothing but a bunch of red neck , chest beating, weekend commando's , and dumb arse ones at that .......

All sensible discussion went out the window , and respect we had did too .....

Its way better , IMHO , to play it smart than hard ... smart is what scares the Politicians ........
BEN MAHER

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum