Skip to content

Throw LAS a little business

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Re: Throw LAS a little business

Postby Ranger » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Good for them! I will spend some cash with them at Kzoo!
'Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'
Ranger

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 am

Mann,

Yes it is a big show...they usually have around 1200 vendors and around 500,000+ people attending...what made it really bad was they planned a tactical weapons hall all by itself and promoted it like hell...then after Connecticut they told the dealers they could not bring or display them..AFTER they got their money and sold advanced tickets...each 10x10 booth space is around $3000 for the ten days....

Other archery companies and people who withdrew:

J&M Traditions..Jim and Marcia Rebuck are at all the trad shoots...
Kinsey's
Hoyt
Mathews
Bear
Gene and Barry Wensel
Fred and Michele Eichler
Ralph and Vicki Ciancerullo
Lee and Tiffany Lakoski
Jay Gregory
Michael Waddell
Easton
IBO, which probably means the 3D competition is gone, since they sponsored it...

Other companies:

Cabelas(one of thje major sponsors)
Bass Pro
Outdoor Network
NRA
Keystone Country Store
Jim Shockey
Stan Potts
Larry Weishun
Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine
Primos
Matt Morrett
FoxPro

and so many more....the list keeps growing....

Also, just announced....Jamie Gray, originally from this area in Lebanon, PA, who is the 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist in the womens 3x20 Rifle has withdrawn....

Looks like it might be a camping, fishing, RV show....however Townhouse Marina just cancelled and pulled their 30 boats and left their 6500 sq ft space open
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 am

everyone in the area is stressing using that time and supporting local companies who withdrew...LAS, Kinseys...I do know quite a large crowd of people are going to Cabelas on Sunday the 3rd instead of their original plans of going to the show...

At least anyone who goes to the Sports Show won't have to fight the elbow to elbow crowds!
Lee Vivian

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 am

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show postponed
Intelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Updated Jan 24, 2013 11:06
Harrisburg

More Sharing Services

Related Topics
Eastern Sports an... (16)
By P.J. Reilly
Staff Writer
The Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show is being postponed, according to a source.
A longtime show exhibitor, who did not want to be identified, told Lancaster Newspapers that he was informed by an official from show organizer Reed Exhibitions Thursday morning that this year's event would be postponed.
The show was scheduled to run from Feb. 2-10 at the State Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.
More than 200 exhibitors and celebrities slated to appear at the event announced they would not attend the show, after Reed officials last week said so-called assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines could not be sold or even displayed there.
Reed said those items could draw negative attention given the current political climate. Those that pulled out of the show said Reed's move was a shot to the Second Amendment.
The source, who joined the boycott, said he was not told to when the show would be postponed.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... z2IuUdCMV1
Lee Vivian

Postby TommyBoy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:41 am

I heard a rumor that the companies who withdrew are going to have an online auction - any truth/details on that?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
TommyBoy

Postby jeffhalfrack » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

WOW!!! I go every few years,,,and this was my year to go ,,,,,dang JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 pm

There is going to be something like an online auction...but I think the vendors who boycotted will have a central place to list their items and sell them online.....not sure of the details but here is the link...

http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/
Lee Vivian

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 pm

PAarcher wrote:I

I won't go into the politics of this since TC would probably come up here and whoop my ass..

Now there's a show I'd pay for tickets to see. :twisted:

Seriously though, Rob K and Lancaster Archery are a high class act. Rob was out in front alone on this for about 48 hours before the snowball began to pick up size and speed. So let's all help him clear out the extra inventory he bought for the show.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 am

I posted a video letter from the owner of Fleet Farm off you tube on FB tonight demonstrating the destructive power of a hunting shotgun VS. an AR15. You know, if a person really wants to go apeshit and kill and destroy, a regular pump 12 gauge would work just splendidly, probably lots better than the little pussy mouse gun covered in legos that has everyone scared. Man, with my old Ithaca 37, a person could cut the neighborhood in half before anyone knew what was up. A motivated person with focus and intent could really mess some shit up, no matter what the weapon.

I tell you what though, the pussies doing these killing rampages are not gun people. The paramilitary stuff is scary looking and it stimulates the imagination of the doushebag pussies. I don't think we should do any legislation at all, but it would be for the benefiet of the sport and to all gun owners to curb the G.I. Joe shit that's in vogue right now. It makes us all look bad to the square, city people, who are uninformed, and it stimulates the pussy retards to commit these pussy acts. We need to work on informing the uninformed without scaring them away with G.I. shit-heel fashion. That turns them off and turns them against all of us across the board.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Yohon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 am

With all the press they have gotten everybody wants to be a Seal or a Sniper so the "GI Joe" thing isnt goin away.

"gun covered in Legos"........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum