Skip to content

Throw LAS a little business

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Throw LAS a little business

Postby PAarcher » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:52 pm

In a few weeks the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show is scheduled to start. It's a pretty big show with outfitters and vendors from all over the place converging at the Harrisburg Farm Show center. I usually make a pilgrimage to at least poke around and often to shoot the 3d course.

This year Reed Exhibitions, the sponsors of the show, decided to ban vendors of certain types of firearms, currently unpopular with Washington liberals, to keep things more "family friendly". Needless to say, in today's political climate that has not been a popular decision. There has been a mass exodus of vendors of all sorts, notably Cabelas, Smith and Wesson and Ruger to name a very few. Guess who led the way though? Our own Lancaster Archery Supply!

I won't go into the politics of this since TC would probably come up here and whoop my ass but I don't think it's necessary. I figure if you belong to this site we are all on the same page on this issue.
In any case, LAS has a considerable amount of money tied up in that show so Rob is backing convictions with his wallet.

I decided to go spend the money I would have otherwise spent at the show at LAS today and encourage everyone who reads this to do the same.
PAarcher

Re: Throw LAS a little business

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes sir, I’m with ya, and tip my cap to LAS. From what I’m reading, Rob’s rolling that snowball down the hill is turning into a bona-fide avalanche too. Good for him.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Mann » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Really comes as no surprise! LAS is always a class act!
Come to think of it I need to place an order with LAS tomorrow myself.

And Thanks Rob!!
Mann

Postby Yohon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Yep...I figured instead of going to the show I'm gong to ride to Lancaster and spend the day there shooting some bows!!!!

That analogy is a good one Jim!!!!!
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I sent out an e-mail expressing the same sentiments to all of the guys in both of our archery clubs last night.

That is a strong stand that Rob has taken and I know he hasn't done it lightly as he has about 10 grand tied up in booth space. I know he also laid in a lot of extra stock with the intent of selling it at the show. I guess we just need to save them the trip and place an order with them.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Making a list of "stuff" I don't need....gonna place an order soon. ;) Definitely a class act.
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm

I already told the manager at Dicks I would never buy anything from them again due to their corporate stance on AR's pulling them from the shelves. He just said he understood and didn't blame me. It's time these folks eat a little of that liberal agenda and see how it tastes when they can't put food on the table anymore. I hate it for the lowly employees but they need to push back as well as the customers so corporate can learn a lesson once in a while. I am proud of these guys though and will make purchases according to my politics just like the libtards do.

Dave
arrowlauncherdj

Postby MikeW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

All heroes...in my opinion but wasted energy.
Eventually (they) will disarm us. It's not "If it will happen, it's when will it happen"....little bits and pieces at a time.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
MikeW

Postby TommyBoy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 am

Wensels pulled out too. They were speaking and exhibiting.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken
TommyBoy

Postby Mann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Just came across a list of exhibitors that have pulled out. WOW! :shock: :o :D
That is apparently a big big show. (or was) ;)
Mann

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum