Skip to content

Jackson County, WV is a sanctuary county

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Re: Jackson County, WV is a sanctuary county

Postby lostaro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm

4nolz wrote:Stykshooter we need details of your encounter after it deteriorated!

Details of his stories are really not that important...and boringly similar to each other...

Sometimes people get hurt....sometimes not.....sometimes guns are drawn....sometimes they stay hidden...

.....Stykshooter wins. The end.

:D :D :D
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Pretty anticlimactic. I was bow hunting but our firearms season was open as well. As always, I had a handgun on me or in my pack. I had just shot a doe with my S & W .44 and crossed over a ridge trailing it when I noticed an orange hat where it shouldn’t have been. I approached this individual who I found to be a female and asked her who she was. She replied that she was So & So’s wife. I recognized the name and informed her that she had no permission to be up there. She made a quick call on her cell phone and within a minute or two I had two other male subjects respond, one riding a damn four wheeler! I knew the one guy as I have had “professional” dealings with him several years back. An absolutely huge, drunk redneck that has gotten his way through life by being an abusive bully and intimidating everyone he crosses. He started yelling and cussing me for ruining their hunt on the mountain and assuring me, as they always do, that he had permission to hunt there. He asked me who the F*** I was and told me that I didn’t own the whole F****** mountain. I stated my name, which it was obvious that two of them recognized, and informed them that I didn’t own the whole mountain, but I did own the exclusive hunting rights to the piece of it he was hunting on.

He continued yelling and cussing and telling me that he had worked it out with the landowner. I asked him who that was and he replied with the correct name. I then called the landowner and in their presence stated who I was dealing with and asked if they had permission to be there. He responded that they did not and I asked at that time whether he wished to charge them or just have them leave. As they were neighbors who lived up the road, he just wanted them to leave and he would talk to them at a later time. To be honest, the landowner is afraid of the one individual and just wants to keep the peace. I hung up the phone and informed them that he was lying and trespassing and he needed to leave and if he had any issues, he needed to take it up with the landowner. They complied.

Of course, during the time that we were having our conversation, I did have a beautiful Howard Hill longbow in one hand and a S & W .44 in the other. I imagine they didn’t wanna mess with that longbow.

As an aside, it was opening day, on the same piece of property about four years ago that I had a similar run in with this guy’s son and his friend. He left and little while later Lostaro and myself were sorted of “hunted” by a few of his family and friends. Will whined all the way home about how it has been tried for hundreds of years and how longbows verses rifles never works out for the longbowmen. He vowed, and I’m pretty sure he has adhered to it, to never hunt with me without a firearm again.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 pm

"never hunt with me without a firearm again."

Hell....I never even text him without a firearm on me now!!! :shock:
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 pm

I thought it was a legal requirement that if Randy engages in an argument that he must stop and say "I am required by law to tell you, I am Randy ( whole legal name)" so the person has the chance to flee. :D

I hunt a lot of public but I have had a couple of run in's on private, most folks run... I have found if you make a complaint about how hard the ground is this time of year it takes the piss out of them ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Yohon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

lostaro wrote:"never hunt with me without a firearm again."

Hell....I never even text him without a firearm on me now!!! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum