Skip to content

A pretty good read

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Re: A pretty good read

Postby Yohon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I'll add..."the ranger way" by one of the Benghazi survivors...pretty good account of the fight as well as a good motivator when your feeling like things aren't going your way.........

Let me know if any one wants to read it....
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:23 pm

I just finished up an enjoyable read. "7003 Days" by Jim and Holley Akenson. Jim is a past president of the Professional Bowhunters Society and this book chronicles his and Holley's stay in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho. They were doing wildlife research for the University of Oregon and running a research station for the University of Idaho. There are some bow hunting and bow shooting stories but mostly the book is about spending 21 years living off the grid in the "old ways". No running water or electricity initially and pretty much isolated and self sufficient.

7003.JPG
7003.JPG (145.05 KiB) Viewed 235 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:01 am

its on my list Randy !
BEN MAHER

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:24 am

I think youll like it. Makes me want to set my wall tent and stove up for a month or so again and step away from it all.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Stykshooter » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:24 am

I think youll like it. Makes me want to set my wall tent and stove up for a month or so again and step away from it all.
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 am

Stykshooter wrote:I think youll like it. Makes me want to set my wall tent and stove up for a month or so again and step away from it all.

I feel like this every day of my life !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum