Skip to content

wichita lineman passes...

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

wichita lineman passes...

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Another Icon passes away. Growing up in the country, with a whole family who played country and blue grass music, a couple of my icons in the mid 70's were Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell. This was before I went away to college and rock & roll rotted my brains of course. I think Glen was one of the most under rated guitarists of the era.

Sad... a lot of these guys passing away and not much to fill their shoes. Its hard to strum a guitar and sing along with Snoop diddly P-dogg or who ever he is.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: wichita lineman passes...

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 am

Yeah, not only extremely talented, but he had a personality that made him seem like the "good-ol-boy" next door. It's a shame what he and his family have had to endure these last several years.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017
Jim Casto Jr

Re: wichita lineman passes...

Postby jeffhalfrack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Sad indeed,,,,,,think about it ,,,,we got to really love that music ,,,listening to a single speaker AM radio!!!! Most of this new crap would blend in to static un noticed! He will be missed,, JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum