Skip to content

Crazy Spring

This is a general discussion forum where you speak your mind.
If you want to go on a issue rant, save us the trouble and post it in the Dead Chicken. No religion.......no politics !

Crazy Spring

Postby Stykshooter » Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 am

Hard to believe it is only mid May. With the early spring and mild winter everything seems to be a month or more ahead of schedule. On the plus side, I saw two bucks with fuzzy antlers yesterday and the garden is at least a month ahead of schedule. I already have green tomatoes hanging on the vines. That's unheard of around here for May....

green beans.JPG
green beans.JPG (185.9 KiB) Viewed 319 times

On the down side... I've never seen bugs as bad this early in the year. Mosquitos and ticks are thick already and I have already killed two copper heads.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Crazy Spring

Postby Robertfishes » Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 am

Nice garden! It looks like you will be canning or freezing before long..We are in a drought here in North Central Florida. Only recorded 2.3 inches of rain at my house the whole month of April.
Robertfishes

Postby Mann » Wed May 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Crazy for sure!
In the last 2 weeks we have seen 7 inches of rain, a good frost and 89 degrees. :shock:
Mann

Postby Stykshooter » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Two weeks ago we set a new high of 92 degrees.
Last week the high mid week was 53.
91 outside right now.

Weird....
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Robertfishes » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 am

I bought a Longhorn bass guitar from a guy in Denver Co Wednesday (online).. He sent me a text yesterday morning that he was in the ER, said it was snowing and a car t-boned him at a red light..Sounded like an excuse..but I checked and yes it was snowing in Denver ...he did ship the bass in the afternoon..
Robertfishes

Return to Board index

Return to Pancaked Roadkilled Possum