Skip to content

Buckets of bucks.....

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

Buckets of bucks.....

Postby Yohon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Dont know anything clever to get it started so I'll let the pics tell it. Been fun so far this fall getting to hang with some real bowhunters....got invited down for a few days and it turned into a pretty dang good 2 day hunt after the hurricane got done washing everything down.

Hunted the morning after and was covered up in deer....shot a doe with the 59 Kodiak and VPA at 15 yards or so bout 8AM and filmed 8 or ten more after that. Even got to miss a fox squirrel several times after shooting the doe thinking I had this shooting stuff figured out LOL
Hunted a stand up high on the mountain later that evening and couldn't believe when TWO 8 pointers headed my way. Really couldnt beleive it when the Instinct tipped surewood went into THE spot I was looking at and I watched the buck tumble and roll down the hill less than 100 yards away...sorry for the crappy cell phone pics
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Re: Buckets of bucks.....

Postby Yohon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Next AM....styshooter and Lostarro showed how it was done. Randy had to do a mercy killin on an already wounded buck with an outstanding shot that I still cant figure out how he did it. A long thread the needle shot that he 10 ringed from at least 30 yards....he'd probably tell ya 45 or 50 ;)

Lostaro ended up putting the Injun sneak on a buck and text me that he made a "marginal" shoot.......
I think they said it went like 25 yards....... :lol:

The land owner made the retrieval process wayyyy to easy.....thus the bucket of bucks ;)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Yohon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:08 pm

I dont get to hunt hilly country much at all.....
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Bender » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:09 pm

:D Friggin awesome!
Bender

Postby lostaro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

An excellent weekend of bowhunting....always a blast with these guys. Somehow we managed to kill some deer too!

Although they did get a jump on me....Friday, day after the hurricane rolled through, I was headed to meet Randy, Ed and Yohon. At 4am I get stuck in a friggin traffic jam! :x :x We don't get traffic jams in my part of the world...heck we barely get traffic!!

Turned out the storm had knocked a transmission line down across all 4 lanes of the only route between me and the gang. Sat there cussing the cosmos for an hour before I could get turned around and back towards home. Oh well met up with them in the evening...just in time to see Yohon put the smack down on a nice buck!!

Getting the same crew plus a few more back together soon.....expect there may be some more tall tales born in the Va mountains next week.

What would we do without bows and deer boys???? 8-)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 am

Thinking back now I believe that shot was probably closer to 60 yards... :o

I've killed a few deer and that was a first for me. I had no intention of shooting a little buck but I saw this guy come up a ditch line with his tongue hanging out and hunched up. I could see that he had been center punched through the guts so decided to try and put him down. We figured he had been shot sometime the afternoon or night before, probably from the road about 200 yards below me. I dressed him and used a tag on him. When I field dressed him the meat looked fine. I shoot 160 grain Snuffers and whatever he had been shot with left a considerably bigger hole. Had to be one of those expandables.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Looks like ya'll had a great time ! Congrats to everyone and a double congrats for the double Yohon !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum