Skip to content

1st Bow kill in many years

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

1st Bow kill in many years

Postby Nomadic Pirate » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:43 pm

I've been sidetracked and hunted with airguns for years now, recently I got me a Great Northen "Bushbow"

Took it hunting a couple weeks ago.

I was walking around for 3 hours when I decided to sit and watch for a bit, after a little while I noticed a porker coming down the slope maybe couple hundreds yards away and disappear, I was waiting for it to reappear so I could start a stalk when it actually reappeared coming straight at me, at about 20 yards it turned to his right, my left and started rubbing itself on a bunch of rocks, he then continued in a direction going away from me to my left so I started following him, about 30 yards back and 15 yards to his left following in a parraled course waiting for the opportunity to circle in front and set up,

then all of a sudden he stopped so I dropped my ass on the grass while he was feeding on some plant, he then did a 45% turn and started come towards me so now I'm sitting on the grass and leaning back almost flat to make myself as small as possible, he veered out to he right a bit and come level with me at about 8 yards, from that leaning back position I drew and loosed the arrow, the shot looked great, he spun in a 180 and took off.

I found the broken sitka spruce arrow with nice blood on it so i started the blood trail traking,...and found the boar less than 30 yards away :D :D :D

.....That was by far the best ever shot I've ever made in my life, great way to get back into bowhunting :D :D :D

Ho yeah, 60# Great Northen Bushbow shooting Sitka spruce and 160gr Ribtek
Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons

" JAY MASSEY "
Nomadic Pirate

Re: 1st Bow kill in many years

Postby Yohon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 am

Good job killer!!! I like the description of the shot 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:58 am

Sweet hunt Manny, good to see you back !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 am

Congratulations. Great story. Glad you're back in the saddle.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Penny Banks » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 am

Job well done. Loved the description. You ever wonder what the story is behind the broken tusk?
Penny Banks

Postby Stykshooter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 am

Congratulations!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby jeffhalfrack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Cool! Glad yer back! Jeffw
jeffhalfrack

Postby Nomadic Pirate » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks fellas,

Forgot how extremely satisfactory is to stalk and arrow a critter :D :D

This summer I'll ramp up my Bowhunting considerably, the other day I sorted by spine 800 Ramin dowels that I had sitting here for over a decade :D :D
Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons

" JAY MASSEY "
Nomadic Pirate

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum