Skip to content

Podcast from Gritty Bowmen

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

Podcast from Gritty Bowmen

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:59 am

I don't know if you guys have ever watched any of these but this one is pretty good. Aaron Snyder is a former US Army Ranger and is a big part of Kifaru Intl. He designs and tests packs and tarps, shelters,stoves etc. Aaron made the switch this year to shooting a recurve. He is a very accomplished hunter and woodsman, he kills sheep, elk, bears etc with regularity. He is talking with a traditional shooter/ outfitter in this episode, so if you have some time while sharpening broadheads or drinking a cold one check it out.

http://www.grittybowmen.com/gritty-podc ... pisode-185
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Re: Podcast from Gritty Bowmen

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks for that link. I hunted with Jeff Landers several years back. I missed a 170 class mule deer--darn it. My buddy killed a 165" one on the trip. Great guy and fabulous country.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 am

Good to know Jim ! I hadn't heard of the guy but I like what he had to say. That's a heck of a buck !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Landers is a top notch/first class individual and he runs an excellent operation.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum