Skip to content

Rut action ?

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

Re: Rut action ?

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:46 am

This is awesome !!!!!! I'm Yohon now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :?
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby lostaro » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:01 pm

This dude was looking for chicks yesterday....found a fat guy in a ghillie suit :?
Put on a cool show, made a scrape and horned a few trees at about 15yds. Saw me at 8yds taking his picture. Hope to see him next year or the year after ;)
8pt 11-12.png
8pt 11-12.png (211.77 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Yohon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 am

superkodiak38 wrote:This is awesome !!!!!! I'm Yohon now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :?

Yeah...howd that happen......I was like "I dont remember typing that" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Yohon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:32 am

Buck #21.....was going to get out of the tree at 11 and at 10:50 a doe comes thru, kinda the opposite way others had been movin....figured she was up for a reason and mouth grunted twice and this guy walks out lookin in my direction ;) I shot him with the gun I killed my first ever deer with 42 years ago :o
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Nice ! You're a little old for youth day so I am guessing that is Delaware ?? :P Them old pumps still get it done, I put a Leupold 3 X 9 on Bubba's Mossberg for this year. I had to take him to the Doctor today so I didn't have time to drive over and hunt the place I wanted to so I hit one closer to home. About 3:15 I heard what I thought was a group of deer coming right like they should be, got the bow ready and had tension on the string when about 15 of these went through my shooting lane Image
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby BEN MAHER » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:56 am

Giddyup.....
BEN MAHER

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Not often we get a south wind in November and I knew where I wanted to go, walked in a ways on a piece of public land, sat a ridge with a couple fresh scrapes and a rub line and watched the chase on the next ridge over :roll: I think I burned all my luck killing a Sika this year !
superkodiak38

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Year 12 of my hunting career, have yet to see a fight, chase, or hear a grunt in the woods... :evil: :?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Dang TJ, I see a fight, chase and hear grunting in the woods most every time I go out. Of course, that is just my hunting partners. They are getting on up in age and are pretty crochety.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:24 am

Stykshooter wrote:Dang TJ, I see a fight, chase and hear grunting in the woods most every time I go out. Of course, that is just my hunting partners. They are getting on up in age and are pretty crochety.

:D
superkodiak38

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum