Skip to content

Grizzly Mauling, but I'm ok ?????

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

Grizzly Mauling, but I'm ok ?????

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:22 pm

When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Re: Grizzly Mauling, but I'm ok ?????

Postby Yohon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:10 pm

That was something else........funny how we were all talking about bear attacks this weekend......right Will? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:43 pm

DAMN!!!!! he looks so much like a guy that started a bear spray company 20ish years ago.

here we go... mark matheny. i met him at a sporting goods store 20 some-odd years ago shortly after the incident as he had just started the company. if i remember right he shot a longbow.

http://www.bearspray.com/
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby lostaro » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 pm

That's crazy...scary stuff

I've been lucky to have numerous bear encounters in my time outdoors...the Va Black bear not the maul your ass Grizzly variety....only once did things get a little spooky.

I know bear spray is supposed to work way better than a handgun, still like the feel of a big revolver on my side where bears are concerned. At least you can make an exciting show of it while the bear rips your arms off :D
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm

lostaro wrote:That's crazy...scary stuff

I've been lucky to have numerous bear encounters in my time outdoors...the Va Black bear not the maul your ass Grizzly variety....only once did things get a little spooky.

I know bear spray is supposed to work way better than a handgun, still like the feel of a big revolver on my side where bears are concerned. At least you can make an exciting show of it while the bear rips your arms off :D

and you can save one for yourself too! :lol:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:34 pm

What is so interesting, is that I did not know this but bear spray is supposedly weaker than regular pepper spray. If I ever going to bear country I'm just going to get my wife's pepper spray out of her purse and take it with me. It's something like half strength or less
arrowlauncherdj

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:40 pm

arrowlauncherdj wrote:What is so interesting, is that I did not know this but bear spray is supposedly weaker than regular pepper spray. If I ever going to bear country I'm just going to get my wife's pepper spray out of her purse and take it with me. It's something like half strength or less

ive heard a can of wasp spray is just as good or better than bear spray... im not tryin it out
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Bowlim » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:52 am

I thought the Bear spray was supposed to be harsher, of course there is nothing we won't do to people, so maybe. Good thing about a gun is it gives you options that spray doesn't like nailing a bastard 30 yards off making for your kid. Or starting the parade of lead while the bear is still 100 yds out. I didn't watch the vid, but if it is the selfie one where he gets charged from 80 yards... I want to start that parties way before the bear gets to spray distances. I mean, there has to be a difference between how effective spray is when a bear wanders over for a nip, and when he/she comes like an express train from 80 yds.

They have this movie about a backpacker who got eaten in Canada by a blackie. I was looking up the details on the real event, and one of the things they said was that when a bear is being territorial, etc... he puts on the show. But a blackie that wants to eat you may just wander over like a dog on a casual mission to sniff your balls, and then he just starts in. That sounds like a scenario for bear spray.
Bowlim

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum