Skip to content

homade scent killer..........

Discuss any thing bowhunting from teqniques, to gear, to tree stands, to types of broadheads, etc. All bowhunting discussions are welcome here.

homade scent killer..........

Postby topcamp » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:10 pm

just in case you don't already know the formula..........it works...........# 2 in lab test against all the store bought types................have used it on a skunked boarder collie and it did the job big time.................

1 used/clean plastic milk jug
1 large mixing bowl
16 oz [2cups] peroxide [3%].......i use pool peroxide and a little stronger %........dilute it to about 6 %
16 oz [2 cups] distilled water
1/4 cup baking soda
1 oz unsecnted shampoo [ the green hunters stuff is what i use ]
1 spray bottle

mix the peroxide, distilled water, baking soda, and shampoo in a large miing bowl until baking soda dissolves,
than lpour the mixture into the milk jug and let sit for a few days. do not tighten the milk cap all the way.....allow
for a pressure build up. pour into your spray bottle and use how ever...........i keep the milk jug in the dark.
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Re: homade scent killer..........

Postby Ranger » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks!
'Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'
Ranger

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Been using that very recipe for years! Love it.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby 4nolz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Me too got the recipe from Warren Womack.I think once the chemical reaction is over the peroxide ddoesnt need to be in the dark.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Penny Banks » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 am

Been using it as long as Nolz, got it the same day from Warren.

I don't honestly know the relevance but I go with the dark bottle. I have been using a solution with peroxide in it to clean my black powder weapons for over twenty years now. For purposes of cleaning black powder residue the peroxide will break down unless kept out of sunlight.
Penny Banks

Postby lostaro » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Good stuff.......used the same basic formula for with good results. For "de-skunking" dogs replace the scent free soap with a larger dose of Dawn dish soap...works very well. ;)
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby jeffhalfrack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Yes good stuff Hey Penny tell me more about that black powder cleaning method please JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Return to Board index

Return to The Bowhunting forum